APPLICATION AND ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Trinity Christian School focuses on bringing the home, church, and school into a partnership for the purpose of training the next generation. Our mission is to graduate students with a firm Biblical Foundation and an Excellent Education.
In keeping with that mission, TCS invites the following:
- Families who are defined according to the Biblical perspective of marriage; that marriage is between a male and a female.
- Families who are growing in their personal Christian walk and are involved in a local Bible-believing church. Trinity Christian School requires that at least one parent have a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Students whose academic records demonstrate proven capabilities to succeed at Trinity Christian School. Students records are carefully evaluated during the application process. Students should be performing at or about grade level.
- Students whose recommendations show a behavioral history that matches the behavioral expectations of Trinity Christian School. Students who have been expelled should not apply until they have completed a successful year in another school.
Applicants for Pre-Kindergarten must be four by September 1st.
Applicants for Kindergarten must be five by September 1st.
Applicants for first grade must be six by September 1st.
- Submit the completed Online Application and application fee of $75.
- Forward Academic Reference to student's previous school. If you are applying for PreK or Kinder, please use the Early Childhood Reference.
- (Please note that if you supplied email addresses in your Application, then these forms were already emailed.)
- Forward Pastoral Reference to church. (Please note that if you supplied email addresses in your Application, then these forms were already emailed.)
- Submit copy of birth certificate.
- Submit immunization record.
- Submit most recent report card.
- Submit any diagnostic testing the student has undergone
- Submit most recent achievement test scores (ex: STARR, SAT, Tera Nova)
(All the above documents must be received by the Office of Admissions before the steps listed below, may be taken in the admissions process.)
- Schedule a new student screening test: Once all of the above documents are received by the Office of Admissions, you will be contacted to schedule a screening test. A screening test is required for all new students (1st – 12th). The MAP assessment is a computer adaptive achievement test in Mathematics and Reading. These tests may reveal the need for further testing and resource placement. However, further testing will only be administered if there are openings in the resource class.
- Schedule a parent interview. Interviews are required for all new families. Both parents are required to attend (unless a one-parent family). The student should also attend if applying to 6th-12th grades. The date and time of the interview will be scheduled with the Office of Admissions upon completion of the application materials and testing.
- After your interview, we will email you an Online Contract of Enrollment. Once that is completed, submitted, and a registration fee of $400 is paid, you are officially finished with the Admissions process.
REGISTRATION AND ENROLLMENT
- Final acceptance is based on the admission committee's approval.
- After receiving acceptance notification, parents will be provided information necessary to complete the admissions process.
- Trinity Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs or athletic and other school-administered programs.
Limited assistance is available for families who have sacrificed to make Christian education a priority in their budget, but who still are unable to meet their total tuition expenses. For additional information, contact Tammy Barber in the Business Office.
RIGHT TO TERMINATE ENROLLMENT
Trinity Christian School’s biblical role is to work in conjunction with the home to mold students to be Christ-like. On occasion, the atmosphere or conduct within a particular home may be counter or in opposition to the biblical lifestyle the school teaches. This includes sexual immorality and/or following religious beliefs that are in conflict with the TCS Statement of Faith, or inability to support the moral principles of the school (TCS). In such cases, TCS reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student.
Middle School and High School Students will be asked to read, sign, and abide by the TCS Honor Code.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
The Trinity Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.