Q. WHAT IS THE AGE REQUIREMENT FOR ENTERING TRINITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL?
Grade level Age by September 1st.
• Pre-Kindergarten: Four years old
• Kindergarten: Five years old
Q. HOW MANY STUDENTS WILL BE IN MY CHILD’S CLASS?
Maximum class size varies by grade in elementary school, and by subject in middle school and high school. For kindergarten classes, the maximum is 14 students in a class; first grade classes have a maximum of 16; grades 2, 3 and 4 have a maximum of 20. Our goal for grade 5 is 18-20 students per class. In middle school (6th, 7th and 8th grades), we maintain 18-22 students per class; ninth through twelfth grades have up to 22 students per class.
Q. WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO TOUR THE CAMPUS?
Anytime! You can submit a tour request here, or give us a call at 806-791-6583.
Q. DO WE HAVE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION BEFORE TOURING THE SCHOOL?
No. Tours may be scheduled any time throughout the school year regardless of application status.
You can submit a tour request here, or give us a call at 806-791-6583.
Q. CAN PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS SPEND TIME IN THE CLASSROOMS?
Yes. As a part of the admissions process, prospective students in grades Kindergarten through High School are encouraged to spend a half- to full-day on campus ‘shadowing’. Prospective students are paired with current students, who will take visitors with them as they go about their day.
Q. WHAT ROLE DOES ADMISSION TESTING PLAY IN THE ADMISSION PROCESS?
Applicants (1-12 grade) for admission are given the MAP test. MAP is a computer adaptive test, which means that every student gets a unique set of test questions, based on responses to the previous questions . This test evaluates skills in reading and math. In some cases, further testing may be required.
Q. IS THERE A WAITING LIST?
Sometimes. This answer depends on the current class size. However, we do our very best to accommodate all applicants.
Q. WHEN SHOULD WE APPLY TO THE SCHOOL?
Applications are accepted at any time, and families interested in enrollment are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Q. DO YOU OFFER FINANCIAL AID AND IF SO, HOW DO I APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID?
Trinity Christian School now offers financial aid to new students. Give us a call to find out more!
Q. WHAT DOES A TYPICAL TRINITY CHRISTIAN FAMILY AND STUDENT LOOK LIKE?
Trinity Christian School focuses on bringing the home, church and school into a partnership for the purpose of training the next generation. Our mission is to graduate students with a firm Biblical Foundation and an Excellent Education.
In keeping with that mission, TCS invites the following:
- Families who are defined according to the Biblical perspective of marriage; that marriage is between a male and a female.
- Families who are growing in their personal Christian walk and are involved in a local Bible-believing church. Trinity Christian School requires that at least one parent have a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Students whose academic records demonstrate proven capabilities to succeed at Trinity Christian School. Students records are carefully evaluated during the application process. Students should be performing at or about grade level.
- Students whose recommendations show a behavioral history that matches the behavioral expectations of Trinity Christian School. Students who have been expelled should not apply until they have completed a successful year in another school.
Q. DO YOU OFFER AFTER SCHOOL CARE?
Yes. Supervision is provided by the Early Education Center and is available until 5:30PM Monday through Friday during the school year. Students can be picked up at the EEC, located in Trinity Central.
You may choose from 2 to 5 days of after school care. The cost varies from $80 to $140 per month, depending on the number of days needed. For more info, please contact Stacy Garcia at 806-791-8004 or email her.