Statement Of Faith
Statement of Doctrinal Belief
I/We and the Student acknowledge receipt of these doctrinal beliefs and affirm our adherence to these doctrinal positions:
- I/We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21)
- I/We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33); in His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); in His miracles (John 2:11); in His vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); in His bodily resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and in His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe that salvation is only by faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ through His death on the cross. There is no other way to be saved. (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthian 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by the indwelling of Christians, enabling them to live godly lives. (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18)
- I/We believe that in the beginning God created mankind in His image, and man is not in any sense the product of evolution. Mankind was originally created with the ability to live perfectly for God’s glory. (Genesis 1:27, 31)
- I/We believe that Adam, the first man, sinned by disobedience. This act resulted in the fall of all mankind; therefore, all people have sinned and lost their ability to live for the glory of God. Every person’s sin incurs both physical and spiritual death until there is forgiveness and salvation by the grace of God. (Genesis 3:1-24; Romans 3:10-23, 5:12-21, 6:23)
- I/We believe that the church is the body of Christ and the family of God. It is made up of saved and baptized believers, who regularly join together for worship, fellowship, and ministry. (Matthew 16:18; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Hebrews 10:25)
- I/We believe that it is the responsibility and privilege of every Christian to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ and to seek to make growing disciples. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)
- In addition to these important beliefs, I/we also believe that God has given the parents and the home the responsibility to bring up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4; Proverbs 22:6) I/We believe that a consistent and whole education will occur when home, church, and school work closely together and are in agreement on the basic concepts of life.