Mission and Core Values
Trinity Christian School will assist parents in providing students with a Biblical worldview education, equipping them to become Christlike leaders in their homes, churches, communities and workplaces.
The Bible is God’s inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of truth that serves as the foundation for all instruction and learning.2 Tim. 3:16; John 1:1,14; Ps. 33:4; 119:9,11
- Honor and uphold God’s Word in our policies, procedures and relationships.
- Have the Bible serve as the foundation for all instruction and curriculum.
- Promote daily study and meditation and application of God’s Word for faculty, staff, students and families.
- Model in words and actions the truth of God’s Word.
- Implement God’s Word as a filter for life choices.
- Focus on the application of God’s Word throughout the educational programs of the school.
- Integrate Biblical truth throughout all of its educational programs.
- Develop a structured Bible curriculum at every grade level that will cause students to study and memorize God’s Word.
- Provide staff with training to integrate God’s Word into all they teach and do.
The family is God ordained and defined foundational unit of society that is the training ground for preparing future generations to know and serve Jesus Christ. Eph. 6:1-4; Col 3:18-21; Psalm 127:3-5; Deut. 6
- View parents as the primary educators of their children.
- Uphold and esteem the Biblical definition of marriage and the family.
- Infuse throughout the curriculum the Biblical definition of marriage and the importance of the family in God’s kingdom.
- Help students understand and fulfill God’s command to obey and honor their parents.
- Hire and develop administrators, faculty and staff who model God’s standard for the family.
- Develop policies and procedures that reflect the importance of the Christian family.
- Assist all families within the school community to live out God’s priorities for life: God, marriage relationship, children, church, work.
- Assist parents in fulfilling their God-given responsibilities related to educating their children by providing parent training opportunities and resources.
Christian education is Bible-based, Christ-centered training that imparts knowledge and wisdom, equipping students to be life-long learners and enabling them to achieve their full potential in Christ.Proverbs 22:6; Luke 6:40
- Seek to hire highly qualified faculty and staff who are passionate about educating students from a Biblical worldview framework.
- Consistently develop and evaluate Biblically based curriculum and methods that maintain the highest academic standards.
- Consistently emphasize the redemptive work of Christ in all of its educational efforts.
- Provide staff with ongoing training in Biblical worldview development, a Biblical philosophy of education, and Biblical worldview integration.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive fine arts program that teaches students to express their talents in a way that glorifies God.
- Develop and maintain an athletic program that teaches students to compete to their fullest potential to bring glory to God.
- Develop and maintain an academic program that is designed to meet the learning and behavioral needs of all students enrolled at the school.
- Provide the facilities and resources needed to provide all students with quality, Bible-based education.
Godly character is the reflection of Jesus Christ working in the life of an individual believer as evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit. Gal. 5:22; 1 John 2:6; 4:17; Col. 3:23
- Hire and develop staff that model Christ-like character to students, families and each other.
- Teach the nature and character of Christ found in Scripture.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop Christ-like character through academics, the arts, athletics and missions.
- Design activities that encourage Christ-like service to others.
- Promote a culture of excellence defined by Christ’s character - not the world’s standard.
- Implement a school-wide student discipline system and code of conduct that is designed to develop Christ-like character.
- Train staff to implement intentionally and consistently implement the TCS student code of conduct and discipline system with the goal of developing Christ-like character in all students.
- Conduct all of its educational and business efforts in a manner that reflects Christ-like character.
The church is an institution ordained by God and headed by Jesus Christ.It consists of all believers and is represented by local bodies of believers who meet on a regular basis to worship, fellowship and study the Bible for the purpose of equipping the saints for the work of the ministry. Acts 2:42; I Cor 12; Eph 5:24
- Emphasize the importance of family participation in a local church throughout the school community.
- Implement policies and procedures that promote family participation in the local church.
- Submit to the spiritual authority of Trinity Church as the school fulfills its responsibility as a ministry of Trinity Church.
- Require all board members, administration, faculty and staff to be active members of a local Christ-centered, Bible-believing church.
- Teach God’s purpose for the church throughout the curriculum.
- Develop relationships with local churches in an effort to strengthen the body of Christ in the Lubbock area.
With Christ as supreme example, servant leadership is selflessly utilizing one’s influence to impact the lives of others for God’s glory.Matt. 20:16, 25-28; John 13:1-7
- Hire, develop and maintain administrators, faculty and staff who model servant leadership in all they do.
- Infuse the biblical principles of servant leadership throughout its educational programs.
- Provide students with programs, activities and opportunities to serve others within their sphere of influence.
- Encourage all staff to model servant leadership as they partner with TCS families.
- Continually emphasize the importance of missions as we develop servant leaders.
Discipleship consists of training students to follow Christ in every area of life. John 8:31; Matt. 28:19-20; Ps. 78:6-7
- Hire and train staff that model discipleship in their own lives.
- Emphasize the importance of a personal relationship with Christ.
- Model and teach the importance of prayer, Bible study, worship and service to God and others in the life of a maturing believer.
- Model and teach the importance of involvement in a local church in the life of a maturing believer.
- Encourage all employees to disciple others through building strong, Christ-like relationships.
Stewardship is the intentional and responsible management and development of all that God has provided to TCS.It is the use of time, talent and treasure for God’s kingdom.Luke 16:10-13; 1 Peter 4:10-11
- View every employee, parent and student as a stewardship responsibility from God.
- Teach and train students, staff and families on a Biblical view of lifestyle stewardship.
- Provide, maintain and develop facilities to meet the educational needs of TCS students and staff.
- Use wisely and responsibly the physical and financial resources available to TCS.
- Educate and equip TCS students to recognize and answer God’s call on their lives.
- Assist parents in the ongoing Christian education of their children and the development of family values based on a Biblical worldview.
- Hire, train and equip staff and faculty to fulfill the mission of TCS.
- Foster and strengthen the relationship of TCS with the church and community.
- Be thankful for all that Trinity Church has provided TCS and endeavor to be good stewards of shared facilities.