Application and Enrollment Process
The Trinity Christian School community has been warmly welcoming families since 1977. Trinity Christian School (TCS) is an interdenominational, co-educational school dedicated to developing the whole student to the glory of God.
Trinity Christian School focuses on bringing the home, church and school into a partnership for the purpose of training the next generation. Our mission is to graduate students with a firm Biblical Foundation and an Excellent Education. In keeping with that mission, TCS invites the following:
Families who are defined according to the Biblical perspective of marriage; that marriage is between a male and a female.
Families who are growing in their personal Christian walk and are involved in a local Bible-believing church. Trinity Christian School requires that at least one parent have a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
Students whose academic records demonstrate proven capabilities to succeed at Trinity Christian School. Students records are carefully evaluated during the application process. Students should be performing at or about grade level.
Students whose recommendations show a behavioral history that matches the behavioral expectations of Trinity Christian School. Students who have been expelled should not apply until they have completed a successful year in another school.
Applicants for Pre-Kindergarten must be four by September 1st.
Applicants for Kindergarten must be five by September 1st.
Applicants for first grade must be six by September 1st.
- Submit completed Online Application and application fee of $75.
- Forward Academic Reference to student's previous school. If you are applying for PreK or Kinder, please use the Early Childhood Reference. (Please note that if you supplied email addresses in your Application, then these forms were already emailed.)
- Forward Pastoral Reference to church. (Please note that if you supplied email addresses in your Application, then these forms were already emailed.)
- Submit copy of birth certificate.
- Submit immunization record.
- Submit most recent report card.
- Submit any diagnostic testing the student has undergone
- Submit most recent achievement test scores (ex: STARR, SAT, Tera Nova)
ALL ABOVE DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS BEFORE FURTHER STEPS MAY BE TAKEN IN THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS.
- Schedule a new student screening test: Once all of the above documents are received by the Office of Admissions, you will be contacted to schedule a screening test. A screening test is required for all new students (1st – 12th). The test evaluates skills in reading, math, handwriting and social development. In some cases, further testing may be required.
- Review screening test. These tests may reveal the need for further testing and resource placement. However, further testing will only be administered if there are openings in the resource classes.
- Schedule a parent interview. Interviews are required for all new families. Both parents are required to attend (unless a one-parent family). The student should also attend if applying to 7th-12th grades. The date and time of the interview will be scheduled with the Office of Admissions upon completion of the application materials and testing.
- A Contract of Enrollment and a student enrollment fee of $400 must be paid to the Director of Admissions upon acceptance.
Registration and Enrollment
- Final acceptance is based on the admission committee's approval.
- After receiving acceptance notification, parents will be provided information necessary to complete the admissions process.
- Trinity Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs or athletic and other school-administered programs.
Please note the following admission policies for Trinity Christian School:
1. Trinity Christian School accepts applicants from families that are defined according to the biblical perspective that marriage is between a male and a female.
2. TCS requires that at least one parent be a Christian. If the applicant is from a single-parent home, that parent must be a Christian.
3. All applicants, 1st-6th grades, will be given an entrance exam. TCS requires that the applicant score at grade level or above to be admitted. For those applicants who score below grade level, further testing and assessment will be required in order to determine if AIM or language retraining is needed.
4. Applicant’s 3rd – 6th grades must have a completed Academic Reference from their previous school.
5. Final acceptance is based upon admission’s committee approval of application and the above criteria.
Miscellaneous Fees: Expenses for yearbook, school supplies, and school uniforms are not included in the Registration Fee.
Textbooks: The cost of replacing lost or severely damaged textbooks will be paid by the student.
Financial Assistance: Limited assistance is available for families who have sacrificed to make Christian education a priority in their budget, but who still are unable to meet their total tuition expense. Financial assistance forms are available in the School Business Office. A family must be attending TCS for a minimum of two years before making an application.
Student Accident Insurance: TCS provides Student Accident Insurance through ACSI. Benefits are supplemental to family medical coverage. Call the Business Office regarding coverage and/or claim procedures. School insurance will be filed only after family coverage has been filed.
Trinity Christian School’s biblical role is to work in conjunction with the home to mold students to be Christ-like. On occasion, the atmosphere or conduct within a particular home may be counter or in opposition to the biblical lifestyle the school teaches. This includes sexual immorality and/or following religious beliefs that are in conflict with the TCS Statement of Faith, or inability to support the moral principles of the school (TCS). In such cases, TCS reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student.
Students will be asked to read, sign and abide by the TCS Honor Code.